Thursday, January 23, 2014

Some Old Blind Guy in a Library

So I was at the library the other day, where I work BTW, and I met some old blind guy while re-stocking the shelf's. He appeared to be reading a book, but it wasn't in braille. So I thought he was crazy.
Well, as I was about to leave, he began talking to me. He asked me if I liked Lewis Carroll, and when I said yes, he handed me the book he was reading. The title was "The Complete Works of Lewis Carroll"  by Lewis Carroll, adapted  by "J.D.". I asked him if it belonged to the library, and he said it was his own. And then told me I could have it, as he had no use for it being blind. When I asked him how he could read it, he said that he has read it so many times he had it memorized page for page. When I asked if he wasn't always blind, he replied "Yeah, something like that.". He then got up and left the library.

On break, I sat down and began to flip through the book. It really was all of Lewis carroll's works. "Alice's Adventures In Wonderland", "Through The Looking Glass", and "The Hunting Of The Snark". There was even a section for Illustrations. However, they weren't the normal John Tenial ones. They were original, and strange. Drawn in a gothic cartoony style, simmilar to the art in the manga "Bizenghast". Dark and creepy. I might take a few pictures and upload them.

Well, thats all for now I guess.

"And The Mome Raths, Outgraaaaa~aabe~!"

No comments:

Post a Comment